BlazerNation
Forum

Football Pickem Forum

BlazerNation / Football Pickem'
Week 1 Bonus Question Subscribe to this topic (Soon)
AuthorMessage
almadenmike by: almadenmike
# Posts: 464
Level: City Council

The underdogs in our first two games -- Savannah State and Western Kentucky -- are both certain Bonus Question winners, each having scored NADA in the first halves of their routs.

While the majority of this week's 76 contestants (40) picked Savannah State, 10 boldly picked Western Kentucky ... including one WKU fan (WKUFan518)! The 2nd most popular pick (12) was Jackson State. So at least 50 players will be starting the season with the 100-point Bonus Question boost.

Posted: 9/1/2018 5:50:27 PM

The number of Bonus Q winners rose to 63 in the early-ish games today: The 12 who chose Jackson State and crafdog (who chose FAU) are also getting 100 points, as their teams were also scoreless in their first halves today. So far, the only disappointed players are the 7 who chose Rice (which led UH, 24-17, at the half), TheDancingMonarch (who chose LaTech, which scored 20 iH points), ODUDrunkard13 (who chose Middle Tennessee, which has scored 7 points in 1Q) and 92Blazer (who chose Northern Arizona, which leads UTEP 17-10 at the half). SMU was also scoreless in its first half, but no one chose the Mustangs. Three contestants chose UTSA, which plays @ArizSt later tonight. (VaTech @FlaSt play on Monday night, but no one chose either of these teams.)

Posted: 9/1/2018 6:09:52 PM

The three constestants who picked UTSA can now join the 100-point celebration: Arizona State blanked them 28-zip in the first half. All but 10 of this week's 76 players will get the Bonus Question largess.

Posted: 9/1/2018 9:31:24 PM

Ooops! I completely forgot about the Win, Place, Show differential! Duh!!! I meant to bet "Win" myself, as it seemed obvious that multiple teams would be scoreless in the first half. And they were. Wished I'd thought about it, though, when I was placing my own bet! I threw away 50 points. Bummer! I predict that this week's Bonus Question -- Most 2nd Half Points -- will be much tougher to predict. :-)

Posted: 9/4/2018 3:03:47 PM