BlazerNation
Forum

Basketball Pickem Forum

BlazerNation / Basketball Pickem'
AEOS can beat UM Ftball Tiger ... Subscribe to this topic (Soon)
AuthorMessage
almadenmike by: almadenmike
# Posts: 464
Level: City Council

... if Kentucky makes it to the title game. __XX---XX__ Heading into today's first Sweet 16 games, AEOS is in 4th place, 316 points behind the leader, who chose Villanova to defend its title. AEOS picked Kentucky to win it all. Since the Wildcats are a #5 seed, AEOS can rack up as many as 480 more points than UM Ftball Tiger if Kentucky gets to the title game and #3 seed Michigan wins its Elite 8 game. Winning the title would give AEOS another 400 points!! What a comeback victory that would be! __XX---XX__ The current 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th place teams have no chance to win because they predicted that the already-eliminated Michigan State would triumph. 6th place backcourt picked Villanova and has no way to overcome his current 401-point deficit behind UM Ftball Tiger.

Posted: 3/22/2018 5:46:15 PM

And just like that, Kansas State ousts Kentucky, killing AEOS's chance to win. (For good measure, Gonzaga stumbled horribly against Florida State. Few of us now have anyone left who's different from UM Ftball Tiger's choices, and we won't even gain much on his 300+ lead.

Congrats, UM Ftball Tiger!!

Posted: 3/23/2018 9:30:52 AM

AEOS by: AEOS
# Posts: 9
Level: Worker Bee

No Big Blue fan here but I picked them only for the point potential and thought if they could make a run they would carry me to a great comeback win, but the snake oil salesman let me down. Congrats Tiger.

Posted: 3/23/2018 9:24:27 AM

The only possible moves of note that are left for the tournament are: If Villanova wins, then backcourt moves up from 6th to 4th ... and if Kansas wins, then BlueRaider95 moves up from 9th to 6th.

Posted: 3/26/2018 11:22:24 PM

BlazerFromMD by: BlazerFromMD
# Posts: 22
Level: Worker Bee

The biggest possible move left: if Michigan wins the championship game, then HerdnBucks moves up 7 spots and into the top 10 (knocking me out).

Posted: 3/31/2018 8:04:08 PM