BlazerNation
Forum

Basketball Pickem Forum

BlazerNation / Basketball Pickem'
Week 16 picks Subscribe to this topic (Soon)
AuthorMessage
almadenmike by: almadenmike
# Posts: 464
Level: City Council

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to describe the dynamic movements in the standings in recent weeks. I hope to get to that after this weekend's games. But Week 16 presents a notably greater number of pick-differences at the top of the leaderboard than we've seen recently. They could cut down -- or expand -- my 175-point lead. And the successes and failures will be evident early: I picked ODU and WKU to win on the road tonight ... and the next three in the standings (backcourt -- he's back!! -- UM Ftball Tiger and Motley Blazer) went with the home teams. In Sunday's games, the Top 3 picked Rice and UTSA to win at home, while Motley chose the visitors: Middle Tennessee and UAB. In Game 12, Motley & I think Michigan will win; backcourt and UM Ftball Tiger like the Terps.
--_+ + # $ # + +_--
As for the bonus question, I picked Maryland to Show, while UM Ftball Tiger has them to Place. Motley's all in with UTEP ... to Win, while 5th-place AEOS is more conservative, picking the Miners to show. Backcourt has FAU/Show.
--_+ + # $ # + +_--
Good luck to all!

Posted: 2/28/2019 5:37:50 PM

One thing we can all probably agree on about Conference USA, is that you can never be sure about anything! And Thursday was an extreme example: All four visiting teams won, including two underdogs (Marshall & FAU).
--_+ + # $ # + +_--
As a result, each of the folks ranked 2nd, 3rd & 4th in the standings went 0-4 and dropped a spot, as 5th-place AEOS -- who tied for the best record of the night (2-2) and even nailed the WKU's correct winning margin -- tallied 75 points and moved all the way up into the 2nd spot.
--_+ + # $ # + +_--
I called the same winners as AEOS -- but got no on-the-nose bonus -- to score 54 and extend my lead to 191.
--_+ + # $ # + +_--
No one picked both Marshall's and FAU's wins. Only WKUFan518 chose FAU, but that was his ONLY Thursday winner. HerdnBucks should move up a spot after calling ODU's 1-point victory.
--_+ + # $ # + +_--
None of Thursday's teams look like Bonus Question winners: The lowest steal total was 6, achieved by LaTech, UAB & WKU, teams chosen by only two in the top 25: 11th-place WKUFan518 (WKU/Show) and 13-th place Mike77 (LaTech/Show).
--_+ + # $ # + +_--
Good luck to all for what should be a wild weekend ... the next to the last week before conference tournaments.

Posted: 3/2/2019 12:26:42 PM

Only one game on Saturday: Kentucky at Tennessee. The top 8 in our standings all pick Tennessee ... but 4 of the next 5 say the Wildcats will win.

Posted: 3/2/2019 12:27:51 PM

Most of the folks near the top of the leaderboard had something to be happy about today (Sunday):
8th place HerdNBucks nailed the Marshall and UTSA victory margins ... and also got 50 Bonus Points for his Maryland/Show pick. 6th-place Tiki Owl got WKU's winning margin perfectly. 5th-place AEOS (who's probably 2nd after Thursday's games) was perfect on three games: FIU (which few picked correctly at all), Rice & Michigan. 4th place Motley Blazer got Charlotte's Sunday margin perfectly, and called Marshall's win (which few did), but his Middle Tennessee and UAB picks lost. 3rd place UM Ftball Tiger will be rewarded with 75 points for his confidence in Maryland's lack of stealing prowess (he picked "Place") as well as getting UTSA's victory margin right. But Maryland didn't win its game outright. 2nd place backcourt also picked Maryland, but will be buoyed by 50 points for hitting WKU's winning margin on the nose. I got two perfect margins -- WKU & UTSA -- and also pick up 50 bonus points for my conservative Maryland/Show pick. My only regrets were not picking Maryland to win the Bonus Question ... and not paying better attention to FIU's recent wins, especially at home.

Posted: 3/4/2019 5:37:13 AM

techdawg88 by: techdawg88
# Posts: 8
Level: Worker Bee

Week 17 picks won't work, when you try to submit them it goes to last year's march madness

Posted: 3/5/2019 10:00:07 PM

ICB by: ICB
# Posts: 243

Sorry... Fixed.

Posted: 3/7/2019 11:17:19 AM